More than two months have passed since moving to Dhaka, the time has passed incredibly fast. Work is fun, both really interesting and challenging. It is fantastic to just be able to be back and live in South Asia again. To celebrate these first two months and to summarize the Bangladesh experience so far, a list is presented below with the best 5 of Bangladesh:
1. To sit on a motorbike with the wind in the hair, travelling through the amazing landscape dominated by beautiful rice fields
2. To finally being able to have a short and basic (but still!) conversation with the rickshaw-wallah
3. To wake up to the sound of approaching monsoon rain and listen to the thunder and see the lightening
4. To meet all the fantastic people who everyday struggle to make ends meet but still greet you with the most amazing hospitality inviting you to take part in their meetings and daily life
5. To be able to eat the best mangoes in the world for breakfast
Of course there are things here also making life less fun, but since this would be a celebration I will just mention one:
1. To be informed that my lovely flat mate found a huge cockroach in her package of muesli that was kept in the fridge...